Purchasing for a Vacation Home
Congratulations! You are finally going to get the vacation home you have worked so hard for, and definitely deserve! The Puerto Vallarta / Riviera Nayarit area is one of the top areas in the World for you to spend your precious vacation time. We have over 330 days of sunny warm weather, so it’s almost always nice when you come! Check out our Communities page to learn more about the communities around the Bay that would be most suitable.
Since you will be spending time at your property periodically over a period of years, will want to consider the following:
* Would you also want to rent it out when you / your family aren’t there?
* Would you want a property manager to look after it for you when you are away? (Prices starting at $80 USD per month).
* What areas will support your hobbies or interests?
* What areas or developments have people you can make friends with?
* What budget are you comfortable with for your purchase, and monthly expenses?
* Will you keep a vehicle in Mexico, drive, rent one as needed, or will you need to find a property where you can walk everywhere?
* Are you a City person that needs to be in the thick of the action, or do you prefer a quiet peaceful area where you have the choice of going to the party if you want to go to the party?
* Do you prefer to be supplied with all the services at your fingertips or prefer to be more off the beaten path?
* What community organizations or events would you like to participate in?
* House vs. Condo? What style of property do you prefer? Apartment style living, resort style living (services and amenities), town home, house inside a gated community (security, grounds maintained for you, common amenities), or stand alone house?
* Where do you buy your favourite products / foods?
* What amenities do you need, or are important to you in the development? Do you want a pet friendly development? Do you prefer main level living or are you OK with stairs?
* How will you make the purchase? Mortgage? Home equity line of credit? Cash?
* Is there an exchange rate you need to consider? What option will give you the best available rate?
* Do you have any particular needs that should be addressed? (For example: level paved walking areas only, heated pool, elevator, pet friendly)
A Buyers Agent can discuss what is available and the pro’s and con’s of each with you. We are here to help you through the entire process from start to finish and beyond: it’s our job. We are happy to help you purchase your dream vacation home, whenever you are ready.